Video Production Toronto – The Captain’s Blog
Video Metrics Benefit Influencer Marketers
Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on using key leaders to expand your brand’s message to the larger market. Rather than marketing directly to a large group of consumers, you can inspire, hire and pay influencers to get out the word for you.
Influencer marketing often goes hand-in-hand with two other forms of marketing: social-media marketing and content marketing. Most influencer campaigns have some sort of social-media component, in which case influencers are expected to spread the word through their personal social channels. Many influencer campaigns also support a content element in which either you create content for the influencers, or they can create the content themselves. Although social-media and content marketing often compliment influencer campaigns, they are not synonymous with influencer marketing.
What all three do have in common is the use of some or all of the following:
• Video production
• Video animation
• Corporate video(s)
• Videos for business
• Videos for company marketing
• Video profiles
• Video calling cards and more
The ability to identify the right influencers for your business should not ever be underestimated and the right influencers should know how to combine “reach,” “resonance,” and “relevance.”
• Reach is the measure of the total audience or the number of subscribers that go into this metric.
• Resonance is the measure of the amount of activity generated plus the level of interaction with the content.
• Relevance is a measure of how relevant a topic is and how much the talk about it. Videos that incorporate keywords increase relevance.
Other metrics that are important influencer marketers to consider are:
• Conversation rate or the ratio of comments per video to overall followers. The video must be interesting enough to spark a conversation?
• Amplification rate or the ratio of shares for each video to overall followers. Is the video of such an incredible value that viewers will forward it to everyone they know?
• Applause rate or the ratio of favorites per video to overall followers. Is the video content interesting enough to attract followers, even if they don’t comment on it or forward it?
Conversation, amplification, and applause rates help to measure the real active engagement of users with your influencer marketing campaign.
Behavior is another important component for influencer marketing agencies and teams. They are increasingly being asked to connect their social media marketing metrics to business outcomes. To do this they need to connect what they’ve accomplished in YouTube, Facebook, and other social media with Google Analytics, then they can accurately calculate the economic value of an influencer marketing campaign.
Using video production and connecting social media marketing metrics to business outcomes is how you can connect what’s been accomplished with YouTube videos, Facebook videos, and other video platforms with Google Analytics. Then it’s easier to calculate the economic value of an influencer marketing campaign.